Friday, December 21, 2012

Merry Almost Christmas

Hi sweeties!!! It's almost Christmas time! Yippee!!! Love Christmas...I mean who doesn't?? In our family, I am always the first to wake up. I still get excited about stockings and Santa Clause of course. But now that we're all older... I am the one who becomes Santa and fills the stockings in the morning :( haha. Santa has been slacking for the past few years. When I was younger, Santa and his elves were a lot more efficient about stockings, eating the cookies my sister's and I laid out for him. Oh well, I understand that Santa has lots to do. After stockings, we get some coffee and bake our annual coffee cake to accompany it. So delish. 

Then before we start opening our presents, we have to do chores. My dad always says that the hawses (our name for horse), the puppies, kittles (our name for cat), and cows need a Christmas treat too. So he takes forever to do chores that morning and we don't start our morning till really late! So funny. Then we read the Christmas story, because after all, Christmas is celebrating Jesus' birth! We have so much to be thankful for. There is always always always something to be thankful for. I really feel for all those who are hurting in the world right now though. Especially all of those families in Connecticut. What happened breaks my heart. I pray that the Lord gives them some comfort through this hard time.

Last week, Brennan and I spent a night cuddled up sipping hot cocoa and tea and talking about our family Christmas traditions. It is so fun to hear what his family does for Christmas. It's even more fun to imagine what our family traditions will be one day! 

One tradition that we wanted to start doing is annual Christmas pics. So here are our first ever Christmas pictures together :). Merry almost Christmas!! Would love to hear your favorite Christmas tradition. Comment below...makes my day to hear from you all!! 









fail. 




naughty! ;)










xoxo
Emily

3 comments:

  1. hello this is santa!!!!!!!! and i have not been slacking :) i think you are on the naughty list now xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable pictures....love them and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love is in the air, what a beautiful couple!

    HTTP://THEREDCOATODYSSEY.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete

Hi sweet reader! Please share a your thoughts, questions, or comments. I love hearing from you! Makes my day!

344924_we love discounts