Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Hair Tutorial #1

Hi lovelies! Today I have a fun little hair tutorial for you. Humbly I have to say that I get asked how I do my top-knots quite often lately. So I thought I would share how I do it with you :)

hair tutorial, hair tips, blonde hair, fun, top-knot, bun

1. When doing a top knot bun, it is important to have your hair a little dirty. For today's bun, I washed my hair at night, let it air dry, then woke up. So it was a little cleaner than I would have liked it. Buns are great for "second-day hair." If your hair is squeaky clean, I would recommend that you spray some hairspray in it first. I use John Frieda Sheer Blonde Crystal Clear Hairspray. Gather your hair and smooth out any huge bumps on the top of your head. 

2. With your hair gathered, take it and start twirling it around till all the way spiraled. 

3. Re-smooth out top of your hair again. I like to pull some hair forward for a mini-bump. This adds volume. 

4. Wrap your spiraled pony in a clockwise motion on the top of your head. Secure it with an elastic.

5. Tuck in the ends. Bobby pin any stray hairs. Then pull down on the back of your hair to create a messy/worn look. (I don't like too perfect or too tight for any bun)

6. Pull some hairs around your ears and forehead framing your face. Also adding to the messy look.

7. I take my hands and brush them along the sides of my head to get any additional hairs you want around your face.

8. All done! You don't need hairspray, but a light spray won't hurt! 

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for much for this lovely tutorial! You are super cute!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Love your blog too! Love the post with the umbrellas...adorbs!

      xo
      Emily

      Delete

Hi sweet reader! Please share a your thoughts, questions, or comments. I love hearing from you! Makes my day!

344924_we love discounts