Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Messy Side Bun

The Messy Side-Bun. Read on.





I finally got around to doing another hair tutorial for you all! This is the style I use time to time for an instant chic look. It's a perfect look for those of you with thinner hair because the dual buns give the illusion that your hair is uber thick. It's also my go-to look on second (or third) day hair. The dirtier hair the better because it gives you better grip. Better grip and dirtier hair=better bun. 

1. Start with the Voluminous Curls Hair Tutorial then put your hair all on one side--the side you want your bun.

2. Part your hair horizontally, like you would do a half-up-half-down look. I take about half of my hair in the first section.

3. Gather it up in a loose bun.

4. Tie the bun with an elastic (preferably not a lime green band like I did haha)

5. Take the second segment of hair and tie that one in a bun as well. 

6. Then secure any loose pieces with a bobby pin. And then pull up on the top of your hair (after you have both buns in) to give it a looser feeling and a bit of body at the top. If wanted, pull some strands of hair out for an added messy/loose look. Hairspray if wanted. 

Let me know if you try it or if you have any questions!! 

xo
Emily

Please enter my Firmoo Glasses giveaway here if you haven't already! 

Also, please follow me on bloglovin if you liked this post. Thanks darlings! 

40 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for the tuto :)


      Http://Fashioneiric.blogspot.com

      Coline ♡

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I love this hair style!! Thank you for the tutorial, I need to try this ASAP!!

    Xo,
    Sincerely Miss Ash

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hair isn't quite long enough for this because I cut it a while ago and am now growing it again. Your hair is gorgeous though and I would love to try this technique once I have some length back.

    xo
    www.fitfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I hope you can! I am thinking about cutting my hair...but maybe not! Ugh its a hard decision! xo

      Delete
  5. Love your hair!! Thanks for visiting my blog:) it will be great to follow eachother!

    Styleinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm gonna try this, hope my hair is long enough :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it works out for you :) thanks for reading! xo

      Delete
  7. Love this messy side bun!! I love messy buns and have done my own video tutorial on how to do one...check it out, follow me and let me know what you think!!

    http://tickledglitter.blogspot.com

    XOXO,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. great idea! xoxo

    stylemeetsbeauty.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love messy bun, I think it looks sexy, effortless and goes with any outfit be it casual or even fancy dresses! Drop by my blog when you have time and say hi!

    GREETINGS FROM DUBAI
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice tutorial! You definitely pull off that messy side bun look! x, Kat

    Love and Ace

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your blog, and I adore your style and your photos! I'm following you now on Bloglovin!
    Meredith
    createthatoutfit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie! Hope you're doing well! Thanks for following and for the encouragement :) xoxo

      Delete
  12. When you add the pieces to the bun, do you add them up or down? Basically do you tuck the ends towards the top or bottom?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tuck them upward...so the top. Sorry it took me so long to reply! Thanks for visiting... let me know if you have any other questions sweetie! xo

      Delete
  13. Do u have a you tube tutorial for this one ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't...would it be helpful if I did?? Let me know and I'll put one up! xo

      Delete
  14. Love your glasses!! I found your blog though the "Meet & Greet" blog hop and I am a new follower of yours! I would love if you could come check out my fashion blog! Have a great day!

    Prescription glasses | Glasses frames

    ReplyDelete
  15. The part that always throws me is how to do the bun and so many people do it differently. Could you give me a little bit more detail on how to do the bun, do you pull it halfway through a ponytail, or is there twisting??? My hair is down to my butt type long so it's difficult for me to do these cute up do's. Did you end up making a YouTube video for this one? Seeing the steps done would be very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this is amazing! Definitely inspiring me to go and do something. Especially with my old jeans! Thanks for this tutorial.
    Jayme Silvestri

    ReplyDelete

Hi sweet reader! Please share a your thoughts, questions, or comments. I love hearing from you! Makes my day!

344924_we love discounts