I thought I'd show you a little tutorial today on how to do a quick summer smokey eye. I call it a summer smokey eye because I keep my face light and neutral with soft pics lips, which is a perfect summer. Keep in mind, whenever you are doing a smokey eye, keep your lips and face more basic, or else you'll start to look like a clown...and clowns aren't cute. Sorry clowns.
So after every tidbit of photos, I'll go over what I did and what I used. Here we go!
1. Start out with your base: which for me includes, a liquid foundation, powder, bronzer, blush, and eyebrows. If anyone needs help with applying your base, let me know and I'll do another tutorial on just this step. My products here:
2. Take your favorite white eyeshadow and brush all over eye, especially underneath your eyebrows, highlighting your arch, and in the corners of your eye.
3. Take a lid brush and cover lids with your favorite basic smokey brown. Here, I'm using a slight emerald grey color, to highlight my hazel eyes. I'm using the Emerald Green from the Sephora Green Eye Palette (the second color down on the left side). If you have this palette, the colors are very intense and a little goes a long way so just be careful with how much you put on your brush.
4. Blend over eye lid. Stop right below the deepest part in your eye crease.
5-6. Take a crease brush and find a color darker than the color you used on your lid and blend into the crease of your eye, extending it slightly outside of your eye to make your eye appear larger. The photo on the left is what it should look like.
7. Next, take your favorite liner and line your eye. I take mine a bit further outside of my eye too. It just helps and looks good, trust me. The liner I am using is the BH Liquid Eyeliner. This liner is very simple to use. So if you are scared of liquid liner, this one is a good one to start with. Goes on very smoothly.
8-9. I'm using the Sheer Cover Lash Extender and the Sheer Cover lengthening mascara. It works so well! My lashes definitely appear longer and fuller compared to my past mascaras.
10. Put the Lash Extender on first, swiping both sides of your lashes--the top and the bottom. And don't forget your bottom lashes either.
11. Then comes the mascara. Put on both sides again and the bottom lashes. When you put mascara on the top of your lashes, it extends them even further.
12-13. Take your favorite white shimmer eye shadow on your index finger and dab it on the inner corners of your eyes. This is something I do every time I do my makeup. It opens up your eye and because of its brightness it also highlights the more dramatic parts of your eye. It's just another level of dimension.
14. After my eyes are done, I take a face brush and brush on my Sheer Cover powder once again...only a slight amount to brush away any shadow that is left below your eye. Just a little cleaner-upper.
15. That's it! Summer Smokey Complete!
Here are the pieces I used today. I recommend if you need most of these products, I suggest that you get the Sheer Cover Starter Kit (pictured below). It includes:
Perfect Shade Mineral Foundation // Conceal & Brighten Trio // Sun-Kissed Bronzing Minerals // Lengthening Mascara // Lash Extending Fibers
5-Piece Basic Kit (see above)
Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions :)