Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Fried French Toast

Fried French Toast? Yes, you read that correctly. And yes, this French Toast is crusted with corn flakes and fried. Yes, dreams do come true. 

I just love being home because for one, I have all the ingredients in the world to cook with, and for two, someone always eats it. I love breakfast more than anything in the whole wide world. When I fall asleep at night, I can't wait to get up and eat breakfast. Is that weird? 

Well for today's breakfast, I was inspired to create something I've never done before. Turns out, this is now my family's favorite breakfast. Okay let me re-state that...it's my dad's new favorite breakfast. I sadly can't eat it because of the flour and it seems like my sisters and my mom are dieting...it is bikini season, so I can't blame them. (This isn't gluten-free, but definitely could be made to be.)

Read below for instructions and ingredients. 




Ingredients: 

2 Slices French Bread

1 Egg

1/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream 

11/2 Tbl Sugar

1 Tsp Cinnamon 

2 Tsp Vanilla

1 Cup Corn Flake Cereal

Instructions: 

1. Take your egg, cream, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla and whisk together until thoroughly mixed. 

2. Take a skillet and heat about a cup of canola oil on your stove at about medium. You want it hot so the bread can fry.

2. Slice your French Bread with any desired thickness...the thicker the better though because that way it is soft and chewy in the middle and crispy on the outside. I'd say slice it 3/4 inch thick.

3. Dip your bread in your mixture. Let it soak there, then flip it. Make sure it is completely soaked in. 

4. Then take your corn flake cereal and crunch it into little pieces. Usually you can just grab a handful and crunch it. Put the pieces onto a plate. 

5. Now dip the soaked french toast into the cornflake cereal pieces. 

6. Take the now crusted french toast and lay it in your hot oil pan. 

7. Watch out for the hot oil! 

8. Let fry for a couple minutes each side until golden brown. 

9. Serve hot. I dusted my French Toast with powdered sugar, laid on some butter, and poured hot maple syrup on top. It's also good with sliced strawberries. 

xoxo


5 comments:

  1. That looks delicious!! I love french toast and I definitely have to make this with your recipe!!

    xo,
    Sincerely Miss Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems delicious!


    Http://Fashioneiric.blogspot.com

    Coline ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna taste it !
    Let's see my first Video POST you are welcome !
    EIDESIGN GLAMOUR

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so tasty! and love the plate you have there, makes it so colorful!

    Would you like to follow each other on Bloglovin and GFC? Let me know!

    Newest Post: [Review] Magic Care Professional Hair Care Serum

    ReplyDelete

Hi sweet reader! Please share a your thoughts, questions, or comments. I love hearing from you! Makes my day!

344924_we love discounts